Whether you’re planning to eat more plants in 2019 to benefit the environment, the animals or your own personal wellness, it can be challenging to feel as though certain cheeses or meaty dishes are “off limits.” With nuts, well, you DON’T have to feel deprived of some classic non-vegan staples like meats and cheeses.
Nuts are powerful stuff and their creamy, rich and dense textures make them great for amazingly recreating ricotta cheese, “parm” toppings and, yep, even ground beef or pork.
Perfect for topping pasta or popcorn! Nutritional yeast or “nooch” is going to lend a serious cheesy flavor (and vitamin B12 too!) to this undeniably tasty topping.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Raw Cashews (our Cashew Pieces also work great for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp garlic powder (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and blend until the cashew pieces are finely ground.
- Top over pasta, chili, popcorn or a caesar salad!
One Response to “Cashew “Parmesan””
I am very happy I found your site. You make it a pleasure doing business with you. A customer feels welcome. Awaiting my first order (but it appears not my last) from you.