Makes 24 muffins
A delicious, healthy, and easy recipe from our Health Nut, Molly Morgan!
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups almond flour
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups low fat or almond milk
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg (or 2 egg whites)
¾ cups dried strawberries
1/4 cup almond flour (for preparing strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl (whole wheat flour, almond flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder).
- Make a well in the middle.
- Add liquid ingredients (milk, oil, vanilla) and egg. Combine until mixed well.
- Place dried strawberries on a cutting board and lightly sprinkle with almond flour (this makes them easier to chop). Then stir in dried strawberries to the mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full with mixture (about 1/3 of a cup) or fill one large loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.